Here @HappyHealthyHundreds we believe that self care is one of the most important activities in your life. If you do not take care of yourself you will never become the best version of you. If you never become that best version than you can never truly give your best to anything or anyone. This inability to be your best and give your best will cause great difficulties in your life. Everything you do will be affected, from your personal relationships to your business dealings. Therefore, we must make sure we are taking care of ourselves! There is one basic question your need to ask yourself to see if your maintaining a minimum amount of self care. Do you take better care of yourself or your car? This may seem a little simple and silly but once we get into it you will find it quite eye opening! When you read the following comparisons you will be shocked to realize that even if you treat yourself better than you car, a lot of people do not! I know, Crazy but True!!!
When you think of a car versus a person you may think they are very different at first glance. This is not the case:
1. Both are a mode of transportation. Both yourself and a car can get you from point A to point B. Albeit, one alot faster than the other.
2. Both are symbols of desire. Whether it's the new corvette you want or those six pack Abs.
3. Both need fuel in order to get to where they need to go, a car needs gas and a body needs food/water.
4. Over time the value of each changes.
5. Both need to be properly maintained in order to function properly.
Now that we know that a car and a person have many similarities we can find out which is more of a priority in your life.
Here are the questions you need to ask:
1. It is well known that if you don't start and drive your car for an extended period of time it is likely to not start. It is a recommended rule of thumb not to go longer than 7 days. 95% of people will go out and at least start the car every 7 days if it has not been driven to ensure it will start when they need to go somewhere. However, 80% of people do not get the recommended amount of exercise one needs to maintain a proper healthy lifestyle.. Have you gone 7 days or more without some type of exercise? If so you are taking better care of your car than yourself.
2. Most of us are pretty diligent with our car maintenance, oil change every 3000 miles, replace the break pads when worn out, get new tires when necessary, etc... Do you do regular maintenance on yourself? Do you get enough rest when your worn out so you can be refreshed and ready to go again? Do you go to the doctor on a regular basis for checkups? Do you take the time to get the physical and mental exercise you need in order perform at a high level? Do you maintain yourself less frequently than you car? If so your priorities need a realignment.
3. When you want you car to run proficiently and maintain high performance you often go with the premium gas and the synthetic oil. You put high quality products in your car to ensure long lasting results! Do you put high quality ingredients in yourself? Are you as careful with what you consume as you are with what your car consumes? Many people feed their car the Lobster of fuels but feed themselves the burger from the dollar menu.
If you have answered NO to any of these questions it is time for a Major U-turn. You need to treat yourself better! If you can take the time to properly care for a hunk of metal that you will get rid of in a few years than your certainly can take the time to care of the body you will have for the rest of your life! When your priorities get misaligned try to remember this. No matter how much effort you put into your car, IT WILL BE WORTH LESS TOMORROW! If you take great care of yourself through regular exercise, constant learning, and always striving to be your best YOU WILL BE WORTH MORE TOMORROW. You will decrease your future doctors bills by staying in shape, your market value will increase the more you learn, and your relationships will flourish as you will be able to give the best of yourself since you will be your best self.
Forget the car, focus on you!
Thanks for reading!
A little bit about me! I'm a family man with a lovely wife and three awesome boys. I have a bit of an entrepreneur bug. I started and sold my own company twice ( small businesses but the experience was valuable), I've dabbled in real estate, been an Ebay reseller, and also spent many years in management roles which is my current stream of income ( plus a few side streams I've put together). I'd say all in all I'm your typical guy trying to make a better life for his Family.