I've been lucky enough to have three children. Its amazing to watch them grow, learn and develop. My kids all have different personalities and interests. My oldest is a sports kid, my middle guy is more of a crafter, and my little one is still trying to figure it out. While they are unique in many ways they all seem to act the same way when it comes to getting what they want. As a matter of fact, this is true for most kids.
Is there a reason for this? Yes! 9 times out or 10 it works and kids are smart! They see another child act a certain way and get rewarded they tend to do the same in hopes of the same result. A child's methods for obtaining what they desire is time tested and proven. In the younger years it involves a lot of temper tantrums, crying, and screaming. At some point we all grow out of this phase which is necessary as we can't act this way as adults. Even though we can't act this way as adults there are still very valuable lessons to be learned from children. These lessons should not be given up as an adult, but remembered and utilized frequently.
When it comes to getting what you want, act like a child!
Do I mean crying, whining and causing a scene? No, although that may work in some instances!
First things First: Ask for what you want! When your a kid and you want ice cream you don't think twice about asking for it. There's no doubts that you should ask for or that you deserve some ice cream. You just ask!
As adults our mentality changes. We often don't ask for that raise we want because we are afraid the boss will get mad. We don't ask a friend for help with something because we don't want to them to feel obligated. This is the wrong way to think about it!
We need to act more like a child to get what we want. We should never be afraid to ask for anything, EVER! I never get mad at my children for asking for ice cream, just as your boss wont get mad if you ask for a raise or friend won't get upset if you ask for a favor. Get rid of your doubts and just ask for what you want! You will be surprised at the results!
Second: Don't take no for an answer. As adults we hear no and we just stop. We think that is the end of the conversation. A child knows different, they know it's just the beginning.
What happens when a child hears the word no? They respond with why? Please? Why? But I really want it? Please? This tends to go on for a while until they get a yes or they are too exhausted to keep asking.Why we give up on this tactic as adults is beyond me! It worked for so many years but we no longer use it. We need to bring it back! Keep asking and keeping pushing for the things you want in life! Exhaust all options before you stop!
Usually this barrage of pleading and asking pays off and the child gets that ice cream! It will work for us as adults as well as long as we have courage to do it!
There are a few rare instances when the constant asking/pleading has not worked. Mom or Dad has withstood the onslaught and held their ground! What is a child to do ? Give up? NO WAY! They just go and start the process all over again with the person who hasn't said no yet. Whether it's the other parent, a sibling, or the always likely to work grandparents!
We don't do this as adults, we just take whatever we get and we hope for a different answer down the road. This is nonsense! If a bank says NO on a loan, go to 30 more banks till you get a yes! Your boss says no to a raise, ask him what you can do to get one in the next 6 months (then do it)! If he says there's nothing that can be done, find a different boss!
In order to get what you want out of this world you need to channel your 11 year old self! ASK for what you want! Keep asking even if the answer is no! If that doesn't work, ask someone else until you get a yes. If you practice these three behaviors when it comes to your goals, dreams, and desires you will succeed in acquiring them and achieving your HappyHealthyHundreds Lifestyle!
Who Knew? You had it all figured out at age 11!
The Kids are All Right when it comes to getting what they want!
Thanks for reading,
If you have seen any of the headlines over the past few weeks you must have come across an Antonio Brown Story. Brown, a verified superstar in the NFL has inadvertently sabotaged his entire career losing millions of dollars in the process. He has had over 30 Million in guaranteed money voided due to his insane antics!
While most of us don't have 30 mil on the line, that doesn't mean we are immune to the same fate as Antonio Brown. We all must heed the warning signs of A.B.S ( Antonio Brown Syndrome)..
Warning sign #1
You think you are untouchable!
We have all worked with people with the untouchable complex. Usually someone who has had some success in their industry. The success goes to their head and they begin to believe the company or business can't function without them. Once this beliefs festers they start slacking, not focusing, and making poor decisions. These actions generally lead to their dismissal!
If you are great at what you do that is awesome! Don't let this success go to your head, keep behaving and acting in the same manner that brought that success. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how great you think you are. What does matter is if the guy who signs your check thinks your great! Until you work for yourself you need to be aware of the untouchable complex. A lesson Mr. Brown is now learning.
Warning sign #2
You Don't listen to anybody!
When you begin to believe that you are right all the time and that there is no need to listen to the advice or perspectives of others there should be a giant alarm going off in your head. No one is always right and no one can afford to dismiss other perspectives as it is imperative for growth. When the only voice you ever listen too is your own, reality can get skewed and trouble will be on the horizon. Just ask Drew Rosenhaus, I'm sure he would have a lot to say on this subject. I wonder how times AB has been advised to fix his behavior...A pretty high amount I would imagine!
Warning sign #3
You got fired and still can't stop self destructing!
You failed to recognize the warning signs. You overestimated your value, you ignored all advice and you lost you job. Now it's time for some humble pie! A reasonable person would try to salvage any relationships possible in hopes of getting some sort of reference to use in the future. BUT not those with severe Antonio Brown Syndrome. In advanced cases these people will continue the behaviors and actions that caused their demise. Thus digging a deeper hole to get out of. Eventually even these folks will get tired of digging and realize they need to stop the destruction and start the healing. The only hope is that once they stop and look up for help, someone will actually still be there to respond.
In order to ensure you don't catch A.B.S please follow the recommended daily treatment.
Give your best to all you do!
Don't talk about your greatness, Show your greatness!
If you find yourself sliding in the wrong direction, immediately stop what you doing, look up and ask for help before it too late!
Adhering to these three guidelines will decrease your likely hood of self destructive behavior thus helping to guard against Antonio Brown Syndrome.
Thanks for reading!
photo credit to AB instagram
Here @HappyHealthyHundreds we believe that self care is one of the most important activities in your life. If you do not take care of yourself you will never become the best version of you. If you never become that best version than you can never truly give your best to anything or anyone. This inability to be your best and give your best will cause great difficulties in your life. Everything you do will be affected, from your personal relationships to your business dealings. Therefore, we must make sure we are taking care of ourselves! There is one basic question your need to ask yourself to see if your maintaining a minimum amount of self care. Do you take better care of yourself or your car? This may seem a little simple and silly but once we get into it you will find it quite eye opening! When you read the following comparisons you will be shocked to realize that even if you treat yourself better than you car, a lot of people do not! I know, Crazy but True!!!
When you think of a car versus a person you may think they are very different at first glance. This is not the case:
1. Both are a mode of transportation. Both yourself and a car can get you from point A to point B. Albeit, one alot faster than the other.
2. Both are symbols of desire. Whether it's the new corvette you want or those six pack Abs.
3. Both need fuel in order to get to where they need to go, a car needs gas and a body needs food/water.
4. Over time the value of each changes.
5. Both need to be properly maintained in order to function properly.
Now that we know that a car and a person have many similarities we can find out which is more of a priority in your life.
Here are the questions you need to ask:
1. It is well known that if you don't start and drive your car for an extended period of time it is likely to not start. It is a recommended rule of thumb not to go longer than 7 days. 95% of people will go out and at least start the car every 7 days if it has not been driven to ensure it will start when they need to go somewhere. However, 80% of people do not get the recommended amount of exercise one needs to maintain a proper healthy lifestyle.. Have you gone 7 days or more without some type of exercise? If so you are taking better care of your car than yourself.
2. Most of us are pretty diligent with our car maintenance, oil change every 3000 miles, replace the break pads when worn out, get new tires when necessary, etc... Do you do regular maintenance on yourself? Do you get enough rest when your worn out so you can be refreshed and ready to go again? Do you go to the doctor on a regular basis for checkups? Do you take the time to get the physical and mental exercise you need in order perform at a high level? Do you maintain yourself less frequently than you car? If so your priorities need a realignment.
3. When you want you car to run proficiently and maintain high performance you often go with the premium gas and the synthetic oil. You put high quality products in your car to ensure long lasting results! Do you put high quality ingredients in yourself? Are you as careful with what you consume as you are with what your car consumes? Many people feed their car the Lobster of fuels but feed themselves the burger from the dollar menu.
If you have answered NO to any of these questions it is time for a Major U-turn. You need to treat yourself better! If you can take the time to properly care for a hunk of metal that you will get rid of in a few years than your certainly can take the time to care of the body you will have for the rest of your life! When your priorities get misaligned try to remember this. No matter how much effort you put into your car, IT WILL BE WORTH LESS TOMORROW! If you take great care of yourself through regular exercise, constant learning, and always striving to be your best YOU WILL BE WORTH MORE TOMORROW. You will decrease your future doctors bills by staying in shape, your market value will increase the more you learn, and your relationships will flourish as you will be able to give the best of yourself since you will be your best self.
Forget the car, focus on you!
Thanks for reading!
Yesterday a friend of mine asked me a compelling question, What is the point of @happyhealthyhundreds? What are you trying to do and what is your end goal? While I have thought of this many times, I never sat down with a pen and paper and clearly defined what we are, what we provide, and what we will accomplish. After 2 hours of thoughts and rewrites I concluded on the following summary. Perhaps a mission statement may be a better word. I wanted to post this statement not only to provide clarity for you but also for us.
HappyHealthyHundreds is a support community founded on three core beliefs. Health, wealth, and happiness. These core beliefs tightly intertwine and evolve into the HappyHealthyHundreds lifestyle. Our blogs and social media are centered around helping people create their plan to achieve the HappyHealthyHundreds life that is right for them. As we grow we will be adding classes, workshops, ebooks, and a clothing line. Through motivation, inspiration and coaching we hope to help many people across many countries! But first we must detail our three core beliefs:
1. Hundreds: This may seem obvious but it really isn't. Our belief is not that you need to make millions of dollars! We believe that everyone's level of necessary wealth varies. Everyone has different needs and wants. Some may want the mansion on the hill while others are content with an RV by the beach. There's nothing wrong with either. Here @HappyHealthyHundreds we define our goal of wealth as having the right amount of money for your lifestyle so that you do not have to worry about money. If you need to travel the world as part of your desired lifestyle then you will need more money than those who just need to walk on the beach everyday.
Money is the most common source of depression in individuals and the most common source of tension in relationships. Figuring out the amount of Hundreds you need and then creating the plan to realize those hundreds is the first fundamental of HappyHealthyHundreds.
2. Health: When we talk about health we do so in an all encompassing sense. Physical health, Mental health, and Family health. Physical health is different for everyone. You may want to be like @therock and have crazy muscles or you may want to be super trim like the marathon runners you see. We view physical health as maintaining the physical condition that creates a sense of self confidence and wellness. Your physical health level should create a happy prideful feeling when you look in the mirror. This feeling is not only tied to you physically but also mentally. We view mental health as a top priority in the our lifestyle. Everyone needs a strong mind that fosters a high level of self esteem and confidence. Only once physical and mental health are combined and functioning at a high level can you achieve that sense of pride, accomplishment, and happiness necessary to have the life you deserve.
Finally, the last piece of the puzzle pertaining to health is family and friends health. A strong sense of family/friends health is invaluable. Taking the time to make family and friends a priority in your life will ensure that you have a strong support system. We all need a strong support system to help us get through the difficult times and to us help celebrate the great times!
3.Happy: This is very simple and Straightforward. You could have an @schwarzenegger physique and a Million dollars in the bank, but if your unhappy when you wake up in the morning than it's pointless. You can always make more money, run more miles, or lift more weights if you want to. However, if you spend a day miserable and unhappy you will never get that day back. Being happy with your life is the ultimate goal of @HappyHealthyHundreds
That's us in a nut shell! We hope you will join us on our mission to help as many people as possible achieve their HappyHealthyHundreds life!
Thanks for reading!
Interested in KETO or low carb living but not sure how to get started? Look no further, below is a quick start guide that includes meals for your first five days! With the help of a low carb lifestyle I have dropped 75lbs in 7 months. You can too! Don't put it off any longer, use this guide to get started. Once you have more time you can plan different and more in depth meals if needed. For now we are going with quick and easy! The reason for this is that not everyone has the desire to cook and most of us don't have extra time to dedicate to cooking. These meals are all done in under 15 mins and do not require extraordinary cooking experience. I have been eating these meals every week since I started, haven't got tired of them yet! Here's what your gonna need: Eggs, nuts, berries, frozen meatballs (6 carb or less), chicken, broccoli,pepper,onion,zucchini, lettuce, cheese, sausage, olive oil, and a variety of sauces. Any low carb sauce you like, try and keep them under 3 carbs per serving.I recommend anything from @ghughessugarfree they do a great job. Also, for a cheap option the Hunts sugar free pasta sauce is quite good! As far as quantities go that's up to you. We aren't starving ourselves here so get enough to fill you up!
Now that we have or ingredients let's plan the week. One of the keys to this type of diet change is to always make more than you need. The reason for this is that KETO or low carb living in not very snack food friendly. Most of the food needs to be cooked, so when the hunger comes on make sure your ready and have some leftovers in the fridge.
I incorporated intermittent fasting into my lifestyle change from the beginning and found that I was able to reach my weight loss goals fast! I definitely suggest you combine the two for maximum results. In case your unfamiliar, intermittent fasting is the process of containing your daily eating to an 8 hour window. Choose whichever window works best for your lifestyle, for me I eat between 1030am-630pm. I usually only eat twice but do occasionally eat a snack in between my meals. Again, you do what works for you. If your hungry eat, just make sure it's low carb food and that it's in your 8 hour window.
First Meal: Cheese and Veggie Omelette (while cooking go ahead and boil some eggs to use later). I tend to eat a lot so I'll use an entire zucchini and about 6 eggs!
Snack: Handful of nuts and a cheese stick
Second Meal: Meatballs with broccoli and no sugar added sauce. Don't forget the cheese on top! Also remember to make extra.
First Meal: Left over meatballs and broccoli from the night before
Snack: Raw zucchini sticks with Ranch or Blue cheese Dressing. @mariecallenders_ makes some great dressing!
Second meal: Sausage with peppers and onions. I like to top with some Parm cheese and a dab of spicy mustard!
First Meal: Omelette with the left over sausage and peppers.
Second Meal: Chicken and Veggie Alfredo. You can really have whatever low carb veggies you want with it. I just prefer zucchini and onions.
First meal: I bet you can guess! left over Chicken and Veggie Alfredo!
Snack: nuts and a cheese stick
Second meal: Mix up some egg salad with the eggs you boiled the first day. Throw in some peppers and onions, wrap in lettuce and chow down!
First meal: garden salad topped with chicken and cheese
Second meal: Leftover buffet! make a few deviled eggs/ a giant omelette/ or any other creation from the food you haven't used yet. Skies the limit!
That's your week! Following this guide will get you on track to begin your weight loss journey! It is incredibly easy to follow and requires minimal time. If you prefer different low carb foods then by all means use those, just stay in your window and keep making large batches.
I realize that some of you may consider the initial plan a bit repetitive. That may be true but it is not without reason. Making two meals out of one saves time and money (less ingredients to buy) which are two things we need more of! More importantly using two meals for one limits the amount of time you think about food. If you already know what your having for your first meal the next day then there is no need to think about what to make or what to have. The less we think about food, the easier it is to stay on track. The idea is to plan your meals ahead of time and to utilize left overs as much as possible to keep your mind free from thinking about food. The less we think about it the more likely we are to stay the course with our eating!
Let us know how you did on your first week by posting a comment!
Thanks For Reading!
This month marks my one year smoke free anniversary! It feels great to have that monkey off my back! I feel very confident that I will never pick up the habit again. The purpose of this post is to detail how I accomplished this incredibly difficult feat in hopes that it will help others on their journey to smoke free living. If your serious about quitting smoking then read on!
I smoked a pack a day for 22 years! Of course I tried to quit a few times. I used the patch and tried the gum and lozenges.I would maybe quit for a day or two and then some excuse would come along and I'd buy a pack. Nothing I tried worked for me. I knew it wasn't good for me, my wife and kids were always on my case about it, and I hated the need to pull over or step outside every hour. Even with all that knowledge and support I never found success. It seemed as if I was out of options to help me quit. I tried what I could and refused to go as far as the pills like Chantix as I always found the list of side effects at the end of the commercial quite scary. So it seemed I was just bound to be a smoker for the rest of my days. That is until September of 2019 came around.
In September 2019 I found my reason to quit. Finding my real motivating factor to quit is what enabled me to start my journey to smoke free living. In order to be successful, you need to find the reason/motivation that makes you NEED to put down the smokes for good. It cannot be that your wife wants you to stop or your kids, it has to be you! They can't quit for you, only you can do that which is the reason why you need your own personal motivation to stop.
There are a vast variety of reasons you could use for motivation. It could be the money, the smell, the amount of time it takes away from your day, or of course the fact your killing yourself. Whatever reason hits home the most for you, that's what you will you use. For me it was money. I was in a bit of a tight spot trying to make ends meets. I realized that there was 80$/week or 320$/month in cigarette expenditures. It came down to either smokes or paying the bills. Since I have a overwhelming fear of getting behind on expenses I was able to channel this fear and use it as a way to convince myself not to smoke. That helped me get started.
Now that you have your driving force to help you conquer your addiction you must use it to mentally prepare for the road ahead. It takes a few days to get yourself mentally ready to quit. It took me 3 days of really focusing on why I wanted to quit, how my life would improve, and wrapping my head around the idea that I am saying goodbye to an emotional and physical crutch I used for years. During those three days every time I smoked I would have a discussion with myself. I would reaffirm my motivation to quit every time. I'd ask myself why are you still smoking when you can't afford it? Why are you outside by yourself when your family is inside? Why do you want your kids to make a sour face when they hug you due to the cigarette smell? After constantly reminding myself why I needed (not wanted) to quit for three days straight I was ready.
I woke up in the middle of the night, stumbled outside and lit a smoke as I had done many times before. Halfway through I decided enough was enough. NO MORE! I was tired of wasting my money, waking up at night to smoke, and killing myself slowly. That night I finally accepted that the negatives far outweighed the positives and that I NEEDED to quit. This would be my last cigarette! I went back to bed, woke up in the morning and my quit began. I used the patch for the first three days to help calm the cravings. After three days I decided to let go of the patch. This was almost like day one all over again, extremely difficult but not impossible! If you choose to use a quit smoking aid to get started by all means do so. However, as soon as you are comfortable ditch the aid so your real quit can begin.
Tips for Cravings:
Cravings are a the reason why most fail their quit. Cravings are both mental and physical. Physically after 3-4 days your body is free of nicotine, from this point on it's a mental game. There are many ways to help yourself get through the physical cravings. Some people chew gum or candy or toothpicks. Others swish and spit with mouthwash when the cravings come. Which method is best? Simple, whichever one helps you the most. Everyone is different, try all the tricks and then pick whats best for you.
For me the mental part was quite difficult. I found two practices were the most beneficial when it came to my mental quit. First, I didn't tell anyone I was quitting, If someone noticed I told them I didn't want to talk about it. When you quit you think about smoking all the time, there is no need to discuss it and bring thoughts of smoking into your mind. You want your mind as far away from this topic as possible. Second, take a break, distance yourself, and quietly get through it. When a really strong craving would come on I would take a quit smoking break. I would find a spot away from the person or situation that triggered the craving, then I would take five. I would sit quietly and repeat over and over in my head, THIS WILL PASS, THIS WILL PASS. I would do this for as long as needed for the craving to pass. You will know when it passes, you will feel like a cloud has been lifted off your mind. You will be able to think clearly and move on with your day. These are two crucial steps you must include when you quit. You wont be able to succeed with out a strong way to cope mentally.
You must overcome your physical and mental cravings to have success! The secret to quitting is to find the coping mechanisms that work best for you. Repeat these coping processes until the cravings are gone and you no longer need them. Once you have accomplished this you have truly quit smoking and you can start living!
In Summary, Quitting smoking is extremely difficult and extremely necessary. In order to succeed the following must happen. You must find your motivation that creates a burning need within you to quit. Everyone has the need they just need to do some reflecting to find it. Once you have found your needs you should mentally prepare to quit. Take a few days burn that need into your brain so it's all you think about every time you smoke. Once you have had enough of your own lectures, break the smokes in half and quit. Use whatever aids you need, especially in the first 3 days to get you started, but get off them as soon as possible. Use the mental tips above to help survive the cravings. I guarantee you the cravings will pass, you just need to wait them out. Once you get through the beginning stages (about 3 weeks) then you can start re-learning how to live. This may sound strange, but if you have smoked for a long time it will be necessary. Just keep using the mental tips, keep chewing gum, and keep distancing yourself from nicotine triggers! Do that and you will have a great chance of conquering nicotine forever! I wish you the best of luck and would love to hear your the story of you quit! Please feel free to share!
Thanks for reading!
Starting a business is easier than you think! It's overwhelming when you think of business in terms of Amazon or Apple. You see the sheer size and influence of these companies and you convince yourself you could never do that. The result is that you don't even try. The fact of the matter is that these companies, like the majority of large companies today started with one person in a basement or garage. The fact that companies like this exist is proof that it can be done! This should be a source of motivation, not a deterrent!
So let's look at the basics and get your business open in 1 day!
Step 1: First you must decide what type of business/hustle you want to open. I suggest a service related business to start as it requires less capital than a product based business. With this in mind, you need to reflect on what it is you like to do. If you like to clean then you start a cleaning business. If you think computers you start a website building company. Any service that you like and can perform well is fair game.
Step 2: Now that you know what type of business you want to start it's time to create the name and get your business license. Your name should be original and should also describe your business and services. For example, if your starting a cleaning company do not name it XYZ enterprises. No one will have any idea what you do. Go with something like XYZ office cleaning or XYZ house cleaning. Make it easy for your potential clients to understand what you offer. Pick your top 3 names and do a quick reference check with the USTPO to ensure it's not trademarked. Once you have a great business name that is not owned by someone else you can go down to your town hall and get your business license. Usually between $50-$100. Now you are official!
Step 3: Once registered you need to let potential clients know that your open for business. In order to look the part and be taken seriously you need to get yourself some business cards and some type of uniform. Uniform can be anything from a hat or tee shirt to a nice button down with stitched letters. You choose, but do bear in mind that you are not only going to being selling your service but your self image as well. You will have much more success if you look professional. There are a variety of options on where to get these items. You can get same day business cards from places like @Staples or Office depot if they aren't booked. You can also visit your local screen printer for hats and shirts.They usually require a minimum order however so I recommend a site like @Vistaprint. This site has all types of marketing products that you can get quickly and cheap!
Step 4: In this day and age any business must have a website. The first thing any potential client will do is check out your business online. If they can't find you there they will most likely view your business as non-reputable. Websites seem like a daunting task that would cost tons of money. This is not the case! Your just starting out, you just need to be present online so your potential clients can verify you. You can always invest a bunch of money down the road if you want a high tech site that's on the first page of google. For now lets save our money till we actually get some clients. I've had decent success with @Ipage and @Siteground. Both can get you a site for under $100 and they both offer easy to use website builders for those of us who aren't tech savvy. Grab yourself an account then buy a domain name and website. Invest a few hours of your time and your site is up and running!
Step 5 : You've got your business, your license, your business cards, and your website...now what? Time to get off your butt and get yourself some clients. First you need to define your potential client group. Let's say you choose office cleaning. Offices usually have a manager that would handle the hiring of cleaning companies. You need to get in contact with them. You can do this by phone (just start dialing), in person ( go down the street and stop in every office you see), by referrals (contact everyone you know who works in an office), and you can advertise (Craigslist, Facebook, etc). Just get out there and spread the word! People must know you exist before they can purchase your services.
That's it! If you start this process in the morning you should be out getting clients in the afternoon. Don't talk yourself out of your dream because you think it's to hard. It's not! One Day is all it takes to be in business. From there the sky is the limit!
Thanks for reading!
Over the past year I have searched through countless websites, blogs, and books in search of ways to make money. Whether that be through a new career, new business oppurtunity, side job or gig. I wasn't picky I just wanted a quick fix to my need/want for cash. I learned two valuable lessons from this research. First, even if you find something that makes you a few extra bucks, that need/want for more will eventually rear it's ugly head! Second, there is not a ton of ideas out there on how to make money immediately, as in cash in my hand today. This is the reason for this post. Sometimes you need immediate money, you do not have time to wait through the sign up period to rideshare or wait a week for the check from the part time job you just started to come in. The following five ideas will get you cash in a day, they may require some hustle but what doesn't these days??
1. DOOR TO DOOR - This is as old school as it gets. Kids have be doing this for decades. It's incredibly simple, you just need to get yourself some motivation and start knocking on doors in your neighborhood. When your neighbor answers the door just ask them if there is anything they need done around the house/yard. Lawn need to be mowed? Leaves need to be raked? If it's winter offer to shovel the driveway. Maybe they need some dry cleaning picked up or package brought to the post office. It could be anything. You'll be surprised how much you can pull in if you hustle all day!
50% of the people I've discussed this process with always say the same thing. I'll feel embarrassed if my neighbors think I need money. Overcoming the hurdle of caring what people think is a discussion for another time, but for now if that's an issue and you need to make money today, go across town to a neighborhood you don't know. NO excuses, the money is out there, Go Find It.
2. YARD SALE FLIPPING - This isn't specific to yard sales. You can find products on craigslist, Ebay, town dumps, thrift stores or discount racks of a store (staples has a good one). It's a very simple process, however it does take some effort. Since you need the cash today so you need to focus on products that you can sell quickly with at least 25% profit. The sold listings on Ebay are your best tool to see what is selling and for how much. Use this tool on any product you are unsure of. Once you have a good stock pile of items put them up for sale. Use Ebay, craigslist, Facebook groups (moms groups are great it you find kids stuff), and any other avenues you can think of (call you friends see if they want something you have found)! Get to work! Happy flipping!
3. PARKING LOTS- Yes, I said parking lots. How it possible to make money from a parking lot? 3 ways actually! First off you will need a few tools for this which you probably have laying around the house. A broom, a dust pan, and some trash bags. If you don't have these items the places you are going to will so you can ask to use theirs. I just find it better to bring your own.
You are targeting small businesses with parking lots. Simply walk in and ask for the manager/owner. Just tell them your story, you are trying to make some extra money and you are offering to clean their parking lot for 25$( more or less depending on size). The reason this is effective is that most owners know that the parking lot is important as the first impression for a customer, however it's usually way down on the list of priorities for the day. Most would be happy to give you a couple bucks so they don't have to do it(there is big business in parking lot clean up if you decide you like it you could turn into full time HUSTLE)! The best part about it is that the clean up is usually pretty quick so you can do multiple in a day. Also, as your cleaning you can keep the cans you find for additional cash and you should feel free to take a quick glance at those scratch tickets in the trash or on the ground! You never know if someone missed a winner! You can also register some of these for prize raffles! Most people see a parking lot and don't think twice, Us living the HappyHealthyHundreds lifestyle see 3 ways to make money!
4. GET WASHING- Get yourself a sponge, some soap, a few signs, a couple towels and some water! Carwash time! High school sports teams have been doing this forever (bake sales too! take a look in the cabinet see what you have in there! Bake a few treats and sell those at the car wash) to raise money for uniforms or bus charters. No reason why you can't do it. Put a few signs up in your area, talk to the neighbors, and call your friends! Car wash happening, come on down! If your a real go getter go out and get yourself a great location willing to let you use it. Maybe a place on a main street with lots of foot traffic. Even a busy church on a Sunday morning, any place you think is good. Some places will just want to help and others may want a few bucks from the take. Either is fine as long as you get the money you need. Choose the place that has the higher traffic in the area and wash your way to the cash!
5. LOOK AROUND- Last but not least, have a look around your house or apartment. I guarantee there is stuff in the basement/attic/garage/ or closet you have used in years. Time to have your own yard sale! I'm talking the traditional physical type as well as Online. Bring out everything you have decided to sell (make sure it's enough to get to the amount of cash desired). Organize your product , put up some signs, and start selling. Don't forget to spread the word to those you know as well as post online. Now that you are physically selling, start taking your photos and posting online to sell. If someone buys online take the product off the table and put in the to be mailed pile. If they buy in person simply take down the online posting. This way you are reaching the most amount of people possible in the shortest amount of time!
5 real ways to make money in one day! I hope you never need these tips but I'm happy to provide them just in case. The key to any of these tips is that your going to have to hustle and earn it! There is money out there. You just need to go get it!
Thanks for reading!
Throughout the past few days I've notices that a lot of folks are confused about where they are in life as it pertains to sources of income. This is due to a lack of clarity on what constitutes a job as opposed to a gig or side hustle. In order to make realistic and achievable goals one must clearly understand where they are, what type of work they do, and how to characterize their income source. For this reason I have dedicated this post to clearly defining the most common types of work. Apply these definitions to your situation and you will be able to understand more clearly which category you are in. Only then can you plan out a way to improve on or change your current position to reach your financial goals.
There are five main types of work. Career, Job, Side hustle, Gig, One-timer. Let's start with the latter and work our way up:
1. One-timer: One-timer is a term coined by HappyHealthyHundreds to describe a money making stream that does not reoccur. This is something that you do one time and do not plan on doing again in the future. Usually stems from a need or desire to make cash quickly due to emergency or impulse. For example, Your car is in need of new brakes but you haven't planned for that and do not have the money saved for it. Since you are a savvy member of the happyhealthyhundreds squad you know you need to make the cash quick! We don't use credit card out of necessity, just do get the bonus points, right?? So what we need is a one-timer to make the cash. We take our lawnmower or borrow a friends and we head through the neighborhood knocking on doors offering to mow lawns for 25$-50$ a pop until we get the money we need. This is not something you plan on doing again (could be turned into a gig if you wanted though), you are only doing this to get the money you needed to satisfy the bill for your new brakes. Your only doing this one time, hence it's a one-timer.
2. Gig: You hear this term often, but what exactly is it? A gig is something you do for on a repetitive basis that brings in income but is not scalable. This means that the work makes you money but you will not be able to turn it into a side hustle or career. The best example of this is driving for Uber or Doordash. Why is this not a job/hustle? Gigs like these are capped income situations. You can only drive so much in a day, you are not allowed to hire other drivers to work for you, and you have no chance of promotion. A lot of people are confusing this type of work as a job, it is not. I've seen the protest in the news about Uber pay and Doordash keeping tips etc.. There's nothing to protest, you are a contractor not an employee. Technically you work with them, not for them, it's a partnership. If you don't feel it's a beneficial partnership you can stop this gig anytime you want. Don't waste your time with protests, just find a better gig!
3. Side Hustle: Side hustle seems to be the term of the year. Everyone thinks they need one, but not many people actually have one. A side hustle is similar to a gig with one Enormous difference, it is scalable and can turn into a Job(as in owner of your own business) or career. Let's us the One-Timer example. You decided after mowing a few lawns that you liked it and wanted to keep doing it. So you went back to your neighbor and offered to mow his lawn each week for $25, he agrees and you now you have a baby side hustle. You then expand a bit and gain a few more clients in the neighborhood, now you have a legitimate side hustle! You are bringing in repeat income and you have the ability to grow this hustle into a business. Do you see the difference from a gig? If you mow enough lawns you can grow into an owner of a mowing company! On the other hand, even if you drive 1000 Uber clients you will never own Uber.
4. Job: A job is pretty straight forward. It is a task or combinations of tasks you must do at a certain time and place in order to receive income. If you do not perform these tasks, you will not get paid. In most cases you are an employee working for someone else. Your work not only makes you money but in turn makes your employer money. The upside to a job is usually deemed as financial security as well as bonuses such as health benefits and vacation time. These factors make a job different from Gig or Side hustle. There's nothing wrong with having a job, working hard (hoping for a promotion that may never come), and living your life. A lot of people do it. The only glaring issue with a job is that your fate is not in your hands. The CEO can make some bad financial decisions and all the sudden you get laid off, or your company gets bought out and the new one sends you packing. I find the term security and job are often linked together when in fact it may be less secure than your Side Hustle!
5. Career: The term career is often linked to the term job or job path. This is a narrow characterization, it could be in the form of a job or in your own business. A Career is a source of income that you receive as a result of working with your passion. Not just a source of income, but an uncapped source of income! There are no limits (except the ones you place on yourself), the more you grow and build yourself the more your income will grow with you. This could be in the form of a traditional job. You could be passionate about law, start out as an intern then move to paralegal, then to lawyer, then partner, then owner, and then multiple offices. It could also be a side hustle you turned into a career. You found out from your One-timer that you love landscaping! You start with a few accounts on the side of your 9-5. You then hire a few employees and buy some equipment, gain more accounts. You continue on this path until you own multiple successful companies and then you franchise. There is no limit when it comes to your Career!
I hope these definitions provide some clarity! Take a look at your income sources, see which category they fall into. Once you have this figured out you can make any necessary changes in order to get to where you want to go!
Thanks for reading!
Stuck in a rut? Do you think you should be further ahead in life? Your not alone, most people feel this way. People who have 100$ in the bank want to have $200. Folks who drive a Range Rover want to be driving a Ferrari. Most of us are not content with where we are in life. If you are then congratulations! You have figured it out! Being content with what you have and not needing or wanting more is the most impressive accomplishment one can manage. A rare few folks have achieved it, I hope that all happyheathlyhundreds readers and I can join that group one day! Through hard work, dedication, and unwavering hustle, I believe we will. First we must set the goal and make the plan...
The common denominator with almost all "successful" people is that they have and strong method for setting and achieving goals. Yes, we all know what a goal is and how to set one. However, saying you have goals and actually having them are two very different things. Saying I want to have a million dollars is not a goal. A goal is the result of planning and action, not meaningless statements, meaningless statements are just daydreams and wasted time. The following is an example of how to actually create a realistic goal and formulate a plan on how to achieve it.
The key to goal setting is to give yourself realistic and achievable goals. Setting a goal of attaining $1 million net worth next week when you have $10 in your pocket is just a waste of time. It sets you up for disappointment and failure. The most beneficial way to set and obtain a goal is to realistically think of how long it should take to achieve and when you want it accomplished. If it's a long term goal then you need to have benchmarks set along the way to help keep you on track and keep you motivated.
For Example: Our goal is to have a net worth of 1 million dollars. Let's use a person with 50k/yr salary as a baseline. First we need to think of when a realistic and desirable finish date would be. There a few things to consider in this process. You need to account for income you currently make but also estimate your future income as well. If you are doing a great job at work ( lets face it, you better be if you want to reach your goals) I'd say you can conservatively count on a 3% raise each year. Factoring this in will give us a realistic number for income.
The same works for bills, try to estimate what your monthly bills would be. Are you in need of a new car over the next few years? Do you have student loans due? Are you about to pay off a loan? Only once you have estimated the amount of money you are bringing in against what is going out will you be able to formulate a plan. Could the plan be just to set aside the extra money each month (if there is any) until you reach the million? Sure, but you will probably never get there and if you did you most likely won't have to many good years left. This plan is not realistic or achievable. You need to set a hard date to reach your goal! Using the same example, let's say you set a date ten years from now. Once you have this set, you must then break down this goal. First into yearly achievements, then for the imminent years, monthly achievements. This is very important, if you don't have strong short term goals planned out and earmarked then you will not be able to track your progress. A goal without a trackable action plan is just a thought! Everyone has thoughts, successful people have goals!
After you have carefully considered and created your plan YOU MUST WRITE IT DOWN! On average you are 40% more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down. Why? Writing goals down takes passing thoughts and turns them into permanent statements of fact. It takes "I would like to be a millionaire one day" and changes it to " I will be a millionaire on 8/20/2020 at 9pm". Repeat those two sentences to yourself, you will be able to feel the weakness in the first and the power of the second. The ability to change thoughts into planned out achievable goals is the most common trait of successful people. Once you get this process down you will be on your way to achieving your dreams! I'll help you get started. Your first goal is to set, plan, and achieve at least one goal a day for the rest of your life!
Acknowledge the challenge, Accept the challenge, CRUSH the challenge, repeat daily!
Thanks for reading!
A little bit about me! I'm a family man with a lovely wife and three awesome boys. I have a bit of an entrepreneur bug. I started and sold my own company twice ( small businesses but the experience was valuable), I've dabbled in real estate, been an Ebay reseller, and also spent many years in management roles which is my current stream of income ( plus a few side streams I've put together). I'd say all in all I'm your typical guy trying to make a better life for his Family.