Over the past year I have searched through countless websites, blogs, and books in search of ways to make money. Whether that be through a new career, new business oppurtunity, side job or gig. I wasn't picky I just wanted a quick fix to my need/want for cash. I learned two valuable lessons from this research. First, even if you find something that makes you a few extra bucks, that need/want for more will eventually rear it's ugly head! Second, there is not a ton of ideas out there on how to make money immediately, as in cash in my hand today. This is the reason for this post. Sometimes you need immediate money, you do not have time to wait through the sign up period to rideshare or wait a week for the check from the part time job you just started to come in. The following five ideas will get you cash in a day, they may require some hustle but what doesn't these days??
1. DOOR TO DOOR - This is as old school as it gets. Kids have be doing this for decades. It's incredibly simple, you just need to get yourself some motivation and start knocking on doors in your neighborhood. When your neighbor answers the door just ask them if there is anything they need done around the house/yard. Lawn need to be mowed? Leaves need to be raked? If it's winter offer to shovel the driveway. Maybe they need some dry cleaning picked up or package brought to the post office. It could be anything. You'll be surprised how much you can pull in if you hustle all day!
50% of the people I've discussed this process with always say the same thing. I'll feel embarrassed if my neighbors think I need money. Overcoming the hurdle of caring what people think is a discussion for another time, but for now if that's an issue and you need to make money today, go across town to a neighborhood you don't know. NO excuses, the money is out there, Go Find It.
2. YARD SALE FLIPPING - This isn't specific to yard sales. You can find products on craigslist, Ebay, town dumps, thrift stores or discount racks of a store (staples has a good one). It's a very simple process, however it does take some effort. Since you need the cash today so you need to focus on products that you can sell quickly with at least 25% profit. The sold listings on Ebay are your best tool to see what is selling and for how much. Use this tool on any product you are unsure of. Once you have a good stock pile of items put them up for sale. Use Ebay, craigslist, Facebook groups (moms groups are great it you find kids stuff), and any other avenues you can think of (call you friends see if they want something you have found)! Get to work! Happy flipping!
3. PARKING LOTS- Yes, I said parking lots. How it possible to make money from a parking lot? 3 ways actually! First off you will need a few tools for this which you probably have laying around the house. A broom, a dust pan, and some trash bags. If you don't have these items the places you are going to will so you can ask to use theirs. I just find it better to bring your own.
You are targeting small businesses with parking lots. Simply walk in and ask for the manager/owner. Just tell them your story, you are trying to make some extra money and you are offering to clean their parking lot for 25$( more or less depending on size). The reason this is effective is that most owners know that the parking lot is important as the first impression for a customer, however it's usually way down on the list of priorities for the day. Most would be happy to give you a couple bucks so they don't have to do it(there is big business in parking lot clean up if you decide you like it you could turn into full time HUSTLE)! The best part about it is that the clean up is usually pretty quick so you can do multiple in a day. Also, as your cleaning you can keep the cans you find for additional cash and you should feel free to take a quick glance at those scratch tickets in the trash or on the ground! You never know if someone missed a winner! You can also register some of these for prize raffles! Most people see a parking lot and don't think twice, Us living the HappyHealthyHundreds lifestyle see 3 ways to make money!
4. GET WASHING- Get yourself a sponge, some soap, a few signs, a couple towels and some water! Carwash time! High school sports teams have been doing this forever (bake sales too! take a look in the cabinet see what you have in there! Bake a few treats and sell those at the car wash) to raise money for uniforms or bus charters. No reason why you can't do it. Put a few signs up in your area, talk to the neighbors, and call your friends! Car wash happening, come on down! If your a real go getter go out and get yourself a great location willing to let you use it. Maybe a place on a main street with lots of foot traffic. Even a busy church on a Sunday morning, any place you think is good. Some places will just want to help and others may want a few bucks from the take. Either is fine as long as you get the money you need. Choose the place that has the higher traffic in the area and wash your way to the cash!
5. LOOK AROUND- Last but not least, have a look around your house or apartment. I guarantee there is stuff in the basement/attic/garage/ or closet you have used in years. Time to have your own yard sale! I'm talking the traditional physical type as well as Online. Bring out everything you have decided to sell (make sure it's enough to get to the amount of cash desired). Organize your product , put up some signs, and start selling. Don't forget to spread the word to those you know as well as post online. Now that you are physically selling, start taking your photos and posting online to sell. If someone buys online take the product off the table and put in the to be mailed pile. If they buy in person simply take down the online posting. This way you are reaching the most amount of people possible in the shortest amount of time!
5 real ways to make money in one day! I hope you never need these tips but I'm happy to provide them just in case. The key to any of these tips is that your going to have to hustle and earn it! There is money out there. You just need to go get it!
Thanks for reading!
A little bit about me! I'm a family man with a lovely wife and three awesome boys. I have a bit of an entrepreneur bug. I started and sold my own company twice ( small businesses but the experience was valuable), I've dabbled in real estate, been an Ebay reseller, and also spent many years in management roles which is my current stream of income ( plus a few side streams I've put together). I'd say all in all I'm your typical guy trying to make a better life for his Family.